Owner and Data Controller
The Psychological Consulting Clinic is trading as The Consulting Clinic LTD is a registered business in Ireland.
The CRO number is: 58056
The registered address is: 56 Adelaide road, Dublin 2
The Director is Dr Louise Jane Clarke
Contact email is email@example.com
Collecting and Using your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using our service, We may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as your device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our service or when you access the service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
You can instruct your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept Cookies, you may not be able to use some parts of our Service.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our service.
- To contact You: To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
For in-person appointments we use a card machine and payments are powered by Elavon Merchant Services https://www.elavon.ie
The Company complies with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS Certification). The PCI DSS are a set of requirements that ensure businesses taking card payments maintain a secure processing environment. The Clinic holds a certificate of compliance.
For online payment we use Wellola Software which is powered by Stripe payment. https://www.wellola.com/security
Over the course of treatment at The Consulting Clinic, information is gathered that allows the practitioner to make an informed professional decision as to the most appropriate assessment and treatment methods to be used. This information will contribute towards a formulation and treatment plan which will be shared with all clients.
Information gathered at assessment and on-going appointments will include basic demographic data (e.g. name, date of birth, address, etc), as well as other information that is considered relevant. This will usually include the following:
- The nature of the problem for which you are presenting, a history of the presenting problem, a family history of relevant information and other information deemed necessary to make an informed clinical judgement about the nature of the presenting complaint and other relevant factors
Information from Other Sources
At times the clinic receives information about clients from third parties including GP’s, Psychiatrists and other medical professionals. This information is stored in the clients file and each client is made aware of the referral information/report.
Use of information
Information gathered by The Consulting Clinic is used exclusively for two purposes
- For the formation of a practitioners opinion which is used to guide assessment and treatment for the presenting complaint
- For the evaluation of the service provided by the Clinic, through collation of detailed statistics about referral sources, nature of presenting problems, attendance durations, etc. In all cases where information is used for statistical purposes, no identifying information is made available.
Security of information
We store all patient personal details in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Information provided to The Consulting Clinic is held in the client’s File (demographics and basic diagnostic information only). All partitioners take responsibility in storing their case load files which are stored in an encrypted online software called Wellola. Your consent to store your file on the software is required before commencing therapy.
Confidentiality of information
Generally, all information gathered over the course of assessment and treatment at The Consulting Clinic remains confidential. There are several notable exceptions, however, to this confidentiality:
- All practitioners at the Clinic discuss their caseload with an experienced Clinical supervisor in a supervisory relationship to ensure best practice. Information on the nature of the case (though not necessarily full identifying information) is shared with the practitioners supervisor
- The Clinic may share your information including treatment plans with your GP but only with your consent.
- In the event that the practitioners forms the professional opinion that either the client, or another individual is a risk for significant harm, a moral obligation to break confidentiality to prevent such harm would apply. Confidentiality would be discussed with all clients.
- In the event that a file is subpoenaed to court
- In the event that a client gives permission to share their information by completing and signing a written consent form.
Changes to the clinic’s policy